Podcasting is fun and fulfilling, but let’s get real– we all wouldn’t mind seeing some cash! This session will highlight multiple ways to fund your podcast, begin making a profit from your work, or make a livelihood in the podcast industry. How do you convince advertisers to sponsor your podcast? How much should you expect to be paid? How are podcast ads bought? This session will cover podcast sponsorship, brand integration, and sponsored content.
I was formerly the Senior Producer, Technical and Editorial at Entertainment One’s Podcast Network, where I gained important knowledge about the business of podcasting. I am now a freelance producer, consultant, and educator.
Key Take Aways
- What is the difference between "CPM", "CPA", and flat rate sponsorship?
- What are some examples of successful podcast brand integration and how can brands integrate seamlessly with your podcast?
- What is the difference between branded podcasts and podcast sponsorship?
- What are different factors that can impact the rates for podcast sponsorship?
- How much should you be charging and how much can you expect to make?