In this session we’ll walk through a step-by-step process for repurposing content. That includes blog posts, podcasts, videos, images, and even live streaming! And you’ll learn how to set up a workflow to produce it all as efficiently as possible.
My hope is that you will be able to apply this process to whatever you’re doing, whether you’re a business, a nonprofit, an artist, a student, or just somebody who’s kinda interested in this sort of thing.
Disclaimer: This session isn’t for audiophiles or production purists. We’re gonna talk about using cheap hardware, free software, and being super scrappy to get stuff done.
Major areas we’ll cover:
– An ideal flow from idea to execution across multiple media types.
– Recommended tool for each media type (and how to use it).
– “Packaging” all the content together on your website.
About the presenter:
Andy McIlwain (@andymci) is a content strategist and technical marketer at GoDaddy. He dabbled in podcasting and livestreaming while in college and greatly regrets not doing more of it. #BetterLateThanNever
Key Take Aways
- Turning a blog post into a podcast, and vice versa
- Producing a podcast with zero experience or budget
- Using free software to edit audio and video
- Planning for repurposed content (before anything is created)
- Why the written word is essential for every media format