These days it takes more than just a strong social media presence & followers on Instagram to build a loyal listener base. You need to find and connect to the people who not only want to listen to your show, but who will also recruit new listeners through word of mouth.
Getting someone to hit subscribe on a podcast app isn’t enough to grow your show. By developing a unique connection to your listeners, you can grow your subscribers into a dedicated fanbase who will begin to promote your podcast for you.
There are techniques we tried with The Secret Life of Weddings Podcast which worked wonders. These simple, actionable steps have helped us develop a wonderfully supportive fan community which continually grows every day. The Secret Life of Weddings currently has a thriving online community of 2,000 fans, and we will take you through the steps we took to grow our loyal fanbase.
Key Take Aways
- Why your podcast needs fans, not just subscribers.
- 3 ways to quickly build an online community for your fans.
- Where to find your podcast's future fans (Hint - it's not just online!)
- How to get your podcast in front of the most people for the least amount of money.
- Why you should never let your own ego get in the way of your growth.