Cambridge Analytica. Ontario Proud. Fake News. Elections around the world have been impacted by data, technology and media. Fake News spread through social media networks have also resulted in the death of innocent people. In this session, Karim Kanji (host of Welcome! with Karim Kanji), Gregg Tilston (co-host), and Dan Speerin (former Canadian host of The Young Turks Network) will discuss what impact all of this will have on the upcoming Canadian federal election.
This session will be taped and re-broadcast on the podcast, Welcome! with Karim Kanji.
Key Take Aways
- How Canadians have been duped before by Fake News
- What Canadians can do to better educate themselves
- What role Facebook will play in determining the outcome of the federal election
- What role organizations like Ontario Proud will play in the upcoming federal election
- What does all of this mean for democracy